Monday, August 01, 2005

Lebensraum

One of my roommates got hitched a couple weeks ago, and he, the wife, and the cat have been at my apartment for the last week. They moved out yesterday, and I took advantage of the upheaval to lay claim to Brandon's big bedroom. I have moved 14 times since I matriculated to Purdue 7 years ago, and yesterday's room switch was without a doubt both the easiest and the most satisfying of the moves. My new bedroom has roughly twice the square footage, 4 times the windows and 1.5 times the closet space of the old one. Then, I get up this morning, and I don't have to wait in line for the shower. As I step out, new roommate Roger is in the kitchen emptying and re-loading the dishwasher. This is heretofore unknown behavior within the apartment. I was filled with housekeeping fervor, so I made coffee and emptied the garbage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home