Saturday, June 18, 2005

Red Wine and Work

Grad school has a funny way of blurring the line between work and life. The absence of any restrictions at all on the hours I work leads to any number of inappropriate daytime excursions, as well as a lot of late nights and weekends at the office. A couple Saturdays ago, I was working into the evening, and I went to Trader Joe's and bought a baguette and red wine for dinner, which I consumed at my desk. Moderate drinker that I am, there was still 2/3 of a bottle left. It's been on my desk behind one of my computers ever since. Alcohol is a part of the professional culture at MIT, so it's not as though it's presence is particularly frowned on, and yet there's a certain unease I feel about having booze at my desk. I guess I better drink it pretty soon....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

red wine goes bad after 2 days...!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Theis said...

Why would red wine go bad? It's full of alcohol. I save wine all the time.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home