Saturday, June 18, 2005

Cost / Benefit

Sometimes living in a big city is a little depressing, and for dumb reasons. I spent an hour and change this morning in a wonderful little bakery/coffeeshop with an exposed brick wall and high ceilings over in Central Square. I read a book, and started my Saturday nice and slow. I even had a pleasant conversation with a girl I know who came in to do some reading of her own. So enjoyable! The upshot, however, is that I spent $4 and consumed nothing but coffee. Now, I can afford to spend $4 on coffee, and my budget isn't suffering for it, but it would seem almost immorally wasteful to make it a habit to blow 4 bucks on something I can brew at home for 30 cents. So I won't make it a habit. But what a nice habit it'd be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home