Saturday, May 21, 2005

Fake Whitewater

So I spent the morning paddling on the Charles river in my new Inflatable Kayak. I left my bike at MIT, then rode the T to Harvard and put in where the riverebank is a flat park that goes right down to the water. These two nice ladies watched from a bench nearby, fascinated, as I got my pump out and inflated, then hopped into the river. Once I got down to the basin, the wind kicked up, and there was a pretty good chop. I felt intrepid in my little yellow boat, buffeted by the waves, as I made my way over to the MIT sailing pavilion. They told me I could get out there, but only if I promised not to go back in, since it was getting stormy. Those sailing guys are great... they simultaneuosly affirmed my daring journey and looked out for my safety. I should probably grow out my beard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home