Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My own little Marathon

I got inspired by the Marathon heroics of Todd's girlfriend (3:54) this weekend. After taking my 3-sided aluminum drafting ruler to no less than 2 separate maps, I am ready to declare tonight's 2.2 mile jog to be a personal longest ever. That's right folks, 24 more miles, and I'll be right there....

Update: Recently, I lived the old axiom, "If you're going to drink a lot on Friday night, you shouldn't expect a great running performance from your body early in the afternoon on Saturday." Or maybe I just coined that. It just seemed so familiar by the time I made it home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a three-sided ruler? nerd alert!

-r

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you. Upon returning from Boston, I've had every intention of walking fast/jogging/running (in that order), but haven't managed to. I've walked a bit, I guess that means I'm getting closer. But those absolutely gorgeous days I feel the nagging to run like the wind, hair flowing and all.
You've inspired me.
Start small, that's the key.
tiff

4:16 PM  
Blogger mdog said...

i think i would've just used mapquest.

are you up to 5k yet?

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home